Ad Metam Contendo - Strive towards the goal
West Kirby opened its door on the 19th April 1913. The roll comprised four mistresses, fifty five girls and two boys. Yes, boys! There were boys in the school until the late 1920s.
The building was intended to house 290 students. Residents in the district were astounded by the building of such a big school and agreed “they would never fill it”! Although a state school there were fees of £3 and 3 shillings a term! £100 a term in today’s money. There was also a boarding house in the early days.
Today, West Kirby is somewhat larger and has a family of almost 1200 students including twenty three male sixth form students and one hundred staff.
Further information about the School’s History can be downloaded below.